Monday, April 29, 2013

Stones from a river




Give me silence, water, hope.
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes.

Pablo Neruda


I saw the most wonderful documentary tonight. A good friend of mine was the producer behind this gem called BAS! Beyong the Red Light.
Truly a film about hope, despite the struggles of 13 courageous young women who lived and subsequently escaped from a life of prostitution in Mumbai.

Pablo Neruda's quote was the first thing that came to mind after seeing this documentary.

silence, water, hope: peace, fluidity and faith.
struggle, iron, volcanoes: bravery, courage, and passion

all metaphorical elements that played throughout the lives and words of each girl in the film.

I took this image when i was camping (my forray into the low-fi/no-tech Lomo world)
It seems so aproppriate to draw a parallel between it, what saw tonight, and the life i am living now.

Despite the rocks, the harshness the environment, water maintains its continuos motion in harmony of its surroundings, eventually wearing down the surface of stone.
Perhaps its all about being stronger than adversity. Being able to live life in a forward trajectory, moving on, pushing through.

These elements - so prevalent in each of my days.
I work with change, i will welcome difficulties, I am not afraid anymore...

No comments: