Friday, February 29, 2008

Cancer news update - They found some spots...

We just got the news, and it's not as horrible as we had thought.

The doctors found a small spot on her lung and another on a lymph node, but her oncologist is confident that they are localized and can be removed with a minimally invasive procedure and can be done safely.

She's set to go into surgery in 2-6 weeks, and recovery time will be 7-10 days, with the regular 3 month PET scan as she is doing now.

She called me up and was almost giddy: I'm going to be sticking around for a bit longer -I'm not gonna die yet!

This morning, she was quite nervous, thinking when I come back to this car to drive home, will I have received my death sentence, or will I be able to breathe a sigh of relief?

Well, she's breathing easier. Surgery is still surgery, and the cancer has spread, but I think she's really got a fighting chance.

I know she has a fighting chance because she is a warrior.

God bless you mom.

No comments: