Monday, February 25, 2008

priorities

Last night, my mom came over for a photo shoot and it was awesome! We had such a good time - horsing around, trying to look glam. It lasted most of the afternoon into the evening - and then E made us a sumptuous Italian dinner with all the fixins. It really was a moment to remember.


I had asked her to pose for a photo event - an organization called "photosensitive" is doing an exhibition called "the cancer project" and who better to ask to me my model than my mom. I thought it would be such a wonderful cause and something to raise awareness, and would allow me to take some photos of her while she's still around (not that I'm thinking the worst, but I can't help it - paranoid me...) but how ironic that the deadline for submissions is the 28th of this month? Friday - the day she receives the results from her PET scan to see if the cancer has spread.

the last day of the shortest month of the year is going to feel like forever...

And today I got an email from the university. I had applied to their Masters Program in Photography. Sure, it was a long shot, but I thought that maybe I'd stand a chance.

Well, I guess I didn't. Was eliminated in the first round - not even an interview...
Pretty disappointed, but had told myself before hand: this would be the sign that would point me into the direction I need to go in the next 6 months - either back to academia, or on the road of the lonely artist struggling to find her way.

My question has been answered.

So onward and upward to the path of the unknown for so many reasons, and all I have to keep me company is my faith...

No comments: