Sunday, July 06, 2008

vroom vroom part 3

took a long drive today
went over the bridge onto the other island, had to make some quick heavy duty lane changed due to unforeseen construction work, but i managed to do it with finesse, despite the fact that my palms were dripping sweat from the maneuvers.

but I did it and I'm proud as punch
(whatever that expression really means)
because it means that I am getting more and more comfortable behind the wheel and driving in traffic. I keep thinking from the end - license in hand, hitting the highway, wind in my hair and tunes blasting on the radio, going down to vermont to go camping by myself in the woods, or going on a road trip with the girls.

it will be so liberating, despite the fact that gas is so bloody expensive, if I have to skip meals for a few days just to be able to get out into the open road, so be it.

i can stand to lose a few pounds anyway

and oh yea, what an incentive to drive all the way off the island
Had dic ann's - oh those flat spicy hamburgers and skinny fries were sublime....

No comments: