Tuesday, July 01, 2008

and when I fell, I seemed to bounce back as if my body were made of elastic...

went to the gym at 10pm tonight.
I don't usually do that, but thought that the excess energy (and money) that I had spent shopping for clothes that will now fit me (since I have lost some weight, my unmentionables are kind of loose...) had to be channeled into something productive.

Was going to pull out the cam, but had no patience, despite the fact that digital photography gives you immediate results, still, I could not have been bothered.

so I dashed into my workout wear (and I opted for grungy and worn out), skipped to the gym with my latest downloads of Pearl Jam and Depeche Mode buzzing in my ears.

the place was almost empty - the way I like it.

Some die hard bbuilders flexing their muscles, taking off their shirts and comparing cuts and ripples.

I slipped in unnoticed
the way I wanted to be

what an express workout it was. Didn't rest much between sets - flew from one machine to another, all the while, watching the clock to see if I could make the last batch of exercises before 11pm

Went on some wacky cardio machine - a moving step machine with handles that move in unison to the steps for an "full body workout"

plopped myself in front of the tv with CNN close captioned - just the way I like it, and kicked it up 2000 notches.

was heading for 30 minutes but at 11:01pm, I had to wind down at 23.

And then I fell.

Got my ankle caught on one of the pedals/steps and onto my side I tumbled - tried to break my fall with the fleshy part of my palm.

Gloves, towel, water bottle, sweaty redhead - all splayed out on the floor in various locations.

I tried to get up, but that made things worse. Had to unlatch my foot from being pinned under that mammoth paddle - ended up rolling out on my side and then, slowly back to a kneeling position.

Thank the Lord there was nobody there. I was able to be alone in my shame and inability to keep my balance.

My HR was up to 158 - no wonder I was weak!

Saw my friend at the desk - showed her my hand and said:

"thank god I had some extra energy to make it down the stairs. If not, you would have found me bent over the machine, having slept there overnight because I was unable to move from my tumble..."

"Are you okay? Your palm is really red!"
"I don't feel a thing - I bounced back as if my body were made of elastic. But I'll be feelin' it tomorrow!"

Don't think I'll be needing to do anything that will require much mobility in that arm, aside from driving, but it's all good.

Tomorrow is moving day - and I am going to see the Life Coach/NLP practitioner.

out with the old, in with the new

am doing the body cleanse with eating right and exercise

and now, a good mental cleaning - just what I needed.

I'll keep you posted as to how it went...

No comments: