Saturday, October 12, 2013

alter ego boost

Today was a long one - trying to pass hours transitioning from a fitful sleep filled with regrets and disappointment was awkward and at best, miserably unsuccessful. I had already booked a supper with a family friend who was supposed to help me get deeper Hellenic insight into my alter stage ego: "Miss Kalliope". Was i ready for evening dinner banter? I had to be.

But it was the best thing that has happened in a long time.
My friend E was brilliant! We laughed so hard looking through my pictures of Greece, she playfully chastising me for "Making hotel reservations ahead of time".

"you're in Greece! It's low season! You will find a hotel anywhere! Why lock yourself down? See?! The universe disrupted your plans on day 1! You had no need to worry!"

"Well, if i had a choice..." and then laughter. Because we knew i didn't really...

Creative minds seem to meet in a proverbial middle ground of the collective unconscious. A spectacular theme park of ideas, colors, sounds and joy. We hopped on for a joy ride and got off 3 hours later. Our stomach muscles hurting from the continuous laughter. Our cheeks sore from wide open mouthed chortles.

I think i now have enough for a one woman show. 
Even for a 2nd show.

And it's all good.


After i turned to the "book" and chatted with some friends. Just to say hi. 
A dear friend from the coast was on at the same time i was. So wonderful to reconnect after so long. And it never seems that long to begin with. Time is not linear with us - which lends itself to wonderful spontaneous moments of "picking up where we last left off" or "starting in the middle of nowhere" conversations.

She told me that i was deeply loved, by her and many other people. That i was special and because of who i am,  do everything with love.  You see, no matter how much anger i may have toward someone or something, i cannot hate. Even when my mom got cancer, I didn't hate the cancer. I thanked it for the  lessons that it taught me and way it brought my mother and i together, on such a deep and meaningful level. I don't  even hate my greatest enemies. Why? I don't know. I guess i outgrew that darkness when i began to embrace the light within myself and fellow human beings...



AHH, A RANT! my blog isn't one without at least one juicy vapid paragraphs of navel gazing!!


but back to the chat...
Words of kindness heal. I preach that, practice it, but it always makes me so humble when somebody directs that to me. I was humbled. Over and over again tonight.


And tonight, i feel truly blessed. And loved.


On Monday, I saw a double rainbow - was able to pinpoint the beginning and the end. First time ever. 
Spectacular as single, incredible as two

and as i looked up to and across the sky,, i said to myself: "this is it. No dress rehearsal - it's real. Happening now. With me. And i have no choice but to be ready - step out on stage and let my light shine ever so brightly."

I extend my hand to you dear reader. 
Would you like to come along for the ride of a lifetime?



No comments: