Thursday, October 17, 2013

love my life

I think i finally love my life.

Spent Monday into Tuesday with a truly incredible group of people. Brilliant, gifted, spiritual, funny and just overall beautiful.

Being a part of a creative team feeds my soul on such a deep level. It re-ignited my passion for my crafts (cinema, writing, photography, acting) and according to everybody who met me and had the chance to spend time with me on those fateful two days said the same thing - I was glowing. Inside and out.

It looks like the chance meeting I had with a new BFF was exactly as it was meant to happen and be. We connected and spoke at length enthusiastically about moving forward in several projects, and trips together. What a wonderful way to start a week! Full of dreams and opportunities!

I was also welcomed into that family - of gifted filmmakers, actors, stuntmen, healers, with open arms and hearts. And it was confirmed that from that day on, i would hereby become an integral part of their creative and personal growth process. Music to my eardrum fatigued ears!


The house that these events took place in was apparently built on a sacred native indian healing site. Peace and serenity permeated every ring of log that was stacked upon another to build this incredible cabin four people called 'home'.

The day after the shoot, nature called me deep into the woods where i took in the sounds and smells of fall.  It was not a time of death, but a time of renewal and preparation. The big sleep before the spring awakening.

There was a leaf hanging by a spider's thread. Mesmerized by the beauty and miracle that these two elements happened to coincide and exist prompted me to take out my phone and film the delicate dance in the wind. It was a literal version of turning over a new leaf. Time seemed to slow and stop. A nice change of pace from the chaos that had nipped at my heels in the days prior to my successful show.

I returned inside to have a healing session reiki that quite simply, transformed me. Rejuvenated me and opened me up to being present in each moment - allowing the future to flow through me without resistance.

On the way back home, my BFF and i chatted about everything under the sun and moon. It was so wonderful to connect with somebody who is so much like myself, but a younger version. D is simply a human dynamo filled with light, love and courage. She made me promise something to her:

"K, there will be many opportunities coming to you in the next little while. I can feel it. Please promise that you will say yes to as many things as you possibly can. Leave your fears behind. Embrace the change. The universe will take care of the rest!"

And i did - a promise not only to her, but to myself - to boldly explore, without resistance, opportunity. Just like the leaf hanging precariously from a spider's invisible thread, it too was supported and carried on the wind of change without resistance.

Complete surrender.

No comments: