Monday, March 07, 2005

The Castration of Carrie...

OMG.
I am back, but going to bed now.
I am pooped.
Just got back from Charlotte's place - she is now the director/actress of the play (which is cool - I know she will be amazing at both) and we just spent a few hours going through the script.
As it is now, it's 76 pages. We need to cut it down to 30.
30!????

I almost began to cry. That's 46 pages of my blood, sweat, tears and ulcers that we are chopping out there! I know that's the whole thing about being a writer - but OMG! That is alot of pages and imagination that I put into that work! It's all due to time constraints, which I understand, but it did rattle my cage. Charlotte was sweet about it though, she understood that it was my baby and I realized that if it had not been her, it would have been somebody else who would have taken a hacksaw to it regardless of me hemorrhaging on the floor, screaming bloody murder.
But 30 pages?

We walked throughout the first 30 pages like private investigators - line by line, sniffing out the bad stuff, keeping only the good evidence. But it was brutal. BRUTAL!!! I need to get some sleep so I can get up at the crack of dawn so I can be the first in line to buy some more self esteem and hope!!!

2 comments:

hellophotokitty said...

Thanks dear! Remind me to send you a copy so you can read it during your recovery time after your op! Hope you are feeling better ;-)

hellophotokitty said...

Thanks sweeties! I will try to post some of the snippets that were cut since we are not using them anyway!! At least my readers here will enjoy them!!! LOL