Thursday, March 17, 2005

It's all about the energy...

I was with my best galpal friend today - we went over to her friend's house and took some pictures. The sky was overcast and grey. It was cold as hell, but inside the apartment, it felt like a huge warm towel right out of the dryer. Comfortable.

I really like the character of old houses - there is a certain polite charm in the architecture. The way the mouldings are stained, the curve in arch ways above the hallways, textured wallpaper - tiny Victorian flowers and pinstripes, now painted white, only the raised details noticeable. The vertical serpentine radiators underneath all the windows (back in the days of oil heating). And the windows - glass still framed by weathered wood. Pleaceful

Don't you just love this place?
I like the energy. It's very good energy.

You must be thinking "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS GIRL TALKING ABOUT?"
I am not a freak or charlatan. I just feel things.
Some people see dead people (well, I only see them in my dreams), some people can predict the future within a certain degree of accuracy.

My stchick is sensing energy.
I can gauge it's intensity, positive or negative. I sometimes wonder if the people at NASA might find something interesting to do with me? (Okay, all you statisticians, brainiacs and logistics people - hang on to your slide rules, and Theories of Relativity. You can say all you want about the numerical probabilities about coincidences, and on and on. If you want to pontificate after this post - DON'T!! I fated one guy eons ago who either was a) just being a prick or b) completely a walking super processor because he came up with every scientific reason why my theories never 'would fly in the real world.' I hate HATE people who don't have an open mind about life and all that happens in it. Shit does happen and sometimes, just sometimes, we can't explain it. DEAL WITH IT!!!)

Sorry.
Didn't mean to go on a rant like that.
I have now thrown my soapbox out the window.

So, energy.
We are all energy - billions of molecules, (or is it atoms - see, that's why I am an artist) dancing with eachother, in constant motion. These intense Salsa session between the atoms causes friction which gives off energy (is this right? I barely passed High School Physics). Energy is everywhere. I, just happen to be one of the weirdos that can feel it.

I won't go into the history or evolution of my history because that would be a book in itself. So to simplify matters - I will give you all an exercise:

So first, close your eyes. Maybe open your eyes, then walk over to the stove. Turn on only one element. Now close your eyes and pass your hand over all the elements one by one. One is hotter than the other, right? If not, your stove is broken. But if you have a functioning one, your hand and skin, even with your eyes closed, will know the difference. Well, I feel this kind of stuff from places, things and especially from people. And what I felt in that house was good energy. Really good energy.

Can you remember the last time you went to someone's house and it just felt 'like home'? Well, that's good energy. Have you ever been to someone's house that is so depressing, oppressive, or creepy? Okay, I think you get the idea. The Chinese have been working with energies for thousands of years! Hello Feng Shui (which I find so strange that people pronounce it Fung Shway) - a real cash cow for some laughing Buddha! I personally like to think that my house (and cluttered office) have a good balance. I am comfortable here. The house felt comfortable before we even moved in. It was just felt nice.

So, back at my friend's friend's apartment, I walked from room to room, inspecting the deco and glanced over the personal effects of the tenant. I felt calm. A real smooth calm. I shouted to my friend across the hall - 'This is good shit!" It was a nice atmosphere to take pictures in. And for a quickie photo shoot, the results were quite interesting. Will post those in a day or so.

I had met galpal's friend a few times. He had a tranquility about him, so peaceful, centered. Even though he was quiet at first, I sensed his kind and sensitive heart. The female consensus was -yes. Now, there are some people who just give off this kind of, well, strong energy! (I am not going to be able to get away from that word now). Let me give you an example; don't worry, it's not another exercise...

About two weeks ago, I met up with a friend whom I had not seen since October. When we first introduced, the initial reading I got from him was a good one, pleasant with lots of vitality, but a little on guard. Perhaps nervous, but trying to be 'a man' about it. Several months had passed and things in my life got crazy, he got a girlfriend and we only got a chance to catch eachtoher online. A few weekends again, one afternoon, I was at my galpal's house and out of the blue, I got a hunch to call my old friend. We got together the next day and had the most amazing Sunday! I guess you can say that our 'energies mesh' because when we hang out together, there is always this 'just below the human threshold of hearing' little rumble. The aftershock of an earthquake. Something is alive around, between and inside us.
Ohh oh. Here comes the exercise!

Another exercise you can do at home: think of the last time you were with your best friend, and the last time you laughed together. Didn't that feel great? Was the air not charged with positivity and happiness? Many people don't take theses moments to appreciate something that seems so simple yet is so complex - something that happens to us every day of our lives - our interaction with the energies around us. It's pretty special when you really think about it.

So the next time you meet someone, and they seem a little creepy to you, don't think twice. Something is wrong with their energies, and your body will tell you about it (either through your churning stomach, sweaty palms, urge to pee in one's pants). Go with your gut. I always do. And you know what? It has never steered me wrong!

So my bestest galpal A. - this is for you. Go find and take in the energy that makes you glow. Find that spark that illuminates your world. Follow that electrical current to where it needs to go - trust that it will take you where you need to be. Trust that you will find what you were looking for...

No comments: