Thursday, March 10, 2005

We interrupt this script...

So once again, I am doing the round the clock panic sessions. Met with Charlotte last night as we perused the script once more. Stuffing our faces with Rolo ice cream and Indian food, we sat at her kitchen table, reading line by line and scratching out each word that was to, well, wordy, unnescearry, boring, lacked punch or was repetitive. There were so many marks on the page it looked like a whole barn of chickens had a fiesta all over it! But I must admit, whether it was planned or not, the Rolo Ice cream did smooth over things a bit. LOL

We moved into the office where she showed me the highlighted script. I must take a picture of that - it looks like Jason's technicolor dreamcoat!! A slash of neon yellow there, a slash of pink over blocks of text of (what i thought was funny) Carrie dialogue, and a dash of blue to show me the stuff that she liked. Pink was - pull out, Yellow was - hold on, question here, and blue was - "Me likey". I thought I was going to go blind with all those marks! But as we pulled, it became less and less painful, but still painful. We were getting tired at about 2am so she drove me home, apologizing all the way saying: "Kitty, I am so sorry that we have to do this, do you hate me? Please don't hate me! I feel horrible doing this! I know how hard you worked and everything, but it's for the good of the script". I felt like we were in a soap opera, where the doctor comes in and gives the family a difficult decision:"either he keeps his leg, and gets gangrene and dies, or we cut off his leg and he lives". Hmm lots of options there doc!! But I knew that it was true. It was only the first rough rough draft that I submitted, and had it been anybody else but her (like that TURD DUDE who was supposed to sign on to the production - Mr. No energy), I would have been crying and having temper tantrums for weeks. Thing is, I know the script is in good hands, and Charlotte and I work well together. It's all for the good of the troops!

We met again today - she really kills me though. Just before we were about to start, she pulled out the Rolo ice cream again (I was developing a weakness for it!!) and asked me if I wanted some. I replied, in jest of course: Oh so this is gonna be a brutal cutting session eh? Priming me for the big stuff now are we?? We both laughed really hard over that one. What I really like about working with her is that we both have a hair-trigger sense of humor that it breaks the tension immediately, which is good when you are both stressed, and on a deadline. So both of us stuffing our faces with the ice cream which will be the official sponsor to the show, we read, once again, line by line and joked as we did the chicken dance with our ballpoint pens all over the script.

About to collapse...
Must sleep!!!
It's almost 3am.
This is insane!
Somebody up there better be watching and if they are, I want a nice LONG VACATION IN A HOT CLIMATE AFTER ALL OF THIS IS DONE!!!
;-)

No comments: