Thursday, March 02, 2006

Once more - with feeling.

Hmm. Synchronicities, coincidences, chance events - it seems that every time I allow myself to open up to the powers of the universe, things just happen to fly in my direction. Weird things like people who call me that I have not spoken to in years, a certain obscure song that pops on the radio when I had just been thinking about it a few hours ago, coming across something on the street - like when I was in Grand Central Station in NYC, and I found one card, 2 of Hearts, just lying there, all alone waiting for me to pick it up. Did it have meaning? of course it did, but I wont go into that now, but there were these strange things that kept on happening when I kept myself open and put forth these questions like: am I going in the right direction? Am I making the right choices? Am I supposed to be here? And thankfully, it worked like a charm for my first, second and third time in NYC. Now today is just strange (I know, I have still to talk about what happened last Friday -all that Wayne Dyer stuff. And speaking of him - well, just read on...)

So today, went with my mom to see if her bandage needed to be fixed. Turns out she was in the wrong clinic at the wrong time. The doc took one look, said okay and that was it. Two hours and the headache of trying to find parking just for a 2 minute consult.

We went to the hospital cafeteria for some coffee. They serve Starbucks (or as I like to call it - Petroleiumbucks...) and I needed some java so I took the plunge. (its only kicking in now - I am a jittery mess. And the mild looked like mud. euch. I thought I was having cream with my coffee, not coffee with my cream!) My mom and I had a great talk. It seems like hospital cafeterias are just conducive to our 'peeling the onions' in our lives, which is all good.

So after some yapping, we went shopping (which was funny - so girly girly - spending waay too much time trying on the 1001 shades of lipstick from EVERY BRAND) and then she drove me home. On the way, we talked about how "things happen for a reason" and that sometimes we have to surrender to what feels right in our gut. To trust that the universe is looking out for you. I guess that is one way we are looking at her cancer - a second chance at life. It forced her to slow down, re-assess what is important in her life and make the required changes.

SOOO - I get home and my landlord (imagine Santa Clause with strawberry blonde hair and red nose from too much wine consumption) was tooling away in my toilet. We exchanged some hardware stories and antidotes and I went off to check my email. This is what I found in the one dumping at 2pm:

- an email from the susan jeffers site on an article called: EIGHT SIMPLE STEPS TO A MIRACLE
- my Daily Ohm about quiet intuition
- this really wild thing called the Ted prize.

Each year we will honor a maximum of three individuals who have shown that they can, in some way, positively impact life on this planet.

We are looking for inventors and entrepreneurs, designers and artists, visionaries and mavericks, protectors and persuaders. Our goal is to honor and empower these people by connecting them to the formidable resources of the TED community. Our prize-winners may be very different, but they will have this in common: They will be doing something that has extraordinary potential. Something whose positive influence could spread, transcending borders. Something that can contribute to the future of life on earth.

Rather than simply receiving financial support, winners of the TED Prize will be granted something extraordinary: something which children dream about, but which adults assume is merely the stuff of fairy-tales.
They will be granted a WISH to change the world.


They may wish for anything. And we will seek to make their wish come true.

We will allow our winners several months in which to formulate their wish. We want them to think big, and we want them to fully understand the range of resources the TED Community may be able to offer them. We are willing to spend -- in hard cash -- $100,000 on each winner. And our goal is to convert this into received value that is an order of magnitude greater. How?

By connecting our winners into the heart of the TED community
By tapping into the enthusiastic support of our team of sponsors and partners
By working with our winners to deliver something creative and big and bold and wonderful.


Now that in itself sounds really wild. The past winner was a woman documentary filmmaker...

- then an update from Barnes and Noble notifying me of a book 'that I might like"
And you ask (out of politeness) which book is that?
Well, I'll tell you.

Inspiration: Your Ultimate Calling

and the publisher's blurb:
Dr. Wayne Dyer wants us to listen up. He insists that there's a voice in the universe calling each of us to remember and live our purpose. In Inspiration, he explains how we can achieve our ultimate purpose by moving through the world of spirit to inspiration. Groundbreaking affirmations.

There's a voice in the universe calling each of us to remember our purpose, our reason for being here now, in this world of impermanence. The voice whispers, shouts, and sings to us that this experience of being in form, in space and time, knowing life and death, has meaning. The voice is that of inspiration, which is within each and every one of us. In this groundbreaking book, Dr. Wayne W. Dyer explains how we've chosen to enter this world of particles and form. From our place of origin, in ways that we don't readily comprehend now, we knew what we were coming here to accomplish, and we participated in setting this life process in motion. So why not think this same way? Why put the responsibility or blame on any one or any thing that's not a part of us? On Earth we have the capacity of volition we can choose, so let's assume that we had the same capacity when we resided in the spiritual realm. We chose our physical body, and we chose the parents we needed for the tdoesn'tIt doesn't seem too great a stretch to move into the idea that we chose this life in concert with our Source. Each chapter in this book is filled with specifics for living an inspired life. From a very personal viewpoint, Wayne Dyer offers a blueprint through the world of spirit to inspiration, your ultimate calling.

Hmm, sounds like all of these emails and notifications came at the same time, one after another is beyond a strange coincidence. Yea, I can hear all of the determinist out there saying stuff about free will, bla bla bla. Yea. I know, but how many things have to happen that seem like they are related to one another for you to say : yea, this is creepy - a little mjustthan jsut a chance.

But I digress.
I am bursting my own bubble...

So it's just strange - how I connected with that doc who is interested in seeing my film, putting me in touch with some doctors who specialize and research mental illness and creativity, and the fact that he wants me to show my film to a study patients paitents so I can tell them about my journey to hell and back.

hmm.

Well, im off to a vernisage - just because it feels right.

I will let you know how it turned out.

No comments: