Monday, April 24, 2006

Duck and cover your mouth when you cough.

Paranoia.

Update your Will. Hopefully this won't be necessary but not all of us are going to survive


I have become an information junkie and it's scaring the shit out of me.

Hope for the best, but plan for the worst...

CNN, MSNBC are the ones I frequent the most. And the Weather Channel. Can't forget that one.

I hate programs like Dateline. Why?
Too much information.
It's the overload of doom and gloom - worst possible case scenarios that make me even more paranoid than normal.

(paranoia level: Yellow - Elevated)

Find a Place in the Country. If you live in the city, you will be surrounded by anarchy. Catastrophes such as this always lead to civil disorder. If you can escape the city you will be much safer. If you don't have one, consider purchasing a trailer. If you can't afford it, consider a tent.


Tonight's episode of wrath was all about a flu pandemic - imminent and about to strike any minute. People in the thousands will be dying. It could be years before a vaccine would be developed to combat the various mutating strains. Keep enough water and perishable food items to last you and your family about two weeks - and oh yea, stock up on your medication (but please don't hoard the Tamiflu) - BUT DON'T PANIC!

Since commerce will be severely interrupted during a pandemic, bartering will become the accepted means of exchange. Having a good supply of face masks will give you a commodity that will enable you to trade with others.


Disaster disaster - we're all gonna die some horrible death.
Ring around the posy - scars, Ebola, H5N1 avian influenza,
we all fall down.

" During a pandemic ...we will see a collapse of the global economy as we know it which means that we're going to run out of those things ...things like medical supplies, drugs, masks, whatever." -- Michael T. Osterholm, Director, Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota, speaking on the Oprah Show, January 24/06


When I was a kid, I used to have nightmares about a nuclear attack.
The cold war had a wind chill of -20 and terrified me.
How to prepare in case of a nuclear attack - duck and cover.
How naive were we back then.
How real the threat now.

Airborne particles are gonna kill ya!
No place to hide!

I hope I don't have nightmares tonight.


"Up to one billion people could die around the whole world in six months.... We are half a step away from a worldwide pandemic catastrophe." Dmitry K. Lvov, Director, D.I. Ivanovsky Institute of Virology, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences.


That's the problem with being medicated for manic/depression. Sometimes it just takes one thing to start the merry-go-round spin out of control.

Whether or not it will happen this year, and whether or not it will be as catastrophic as many virologists are predicting, one thing is clear: There WILL be a pandemic of unimaginable proportions some time soon

We all fall down

but get back up.

I must get back up.
my mom needs me, as I too
need myself.

And God bless Canada - and the CBC

I've got the flu! What do I do?
Rent some movies and prepare to spend seven to 10 days at home, resting.
Good advice eh?

No comments: