Wednesday, April 05, 2006

God?


God?
Originally uploaded by solea.
I think there is a God, or at least someone who is watching over my mom.

We went to see her oncologist today. He is wonderful, sweet and funny. Caring and smart as hell. He told her that she has options - chemo for one month industrial strength, or chemo for one month and booster shots 3 times a week for a year. There is no guarantee that it will work, but at this point, it's better to try than not to try.

It was also my birthday.
A day that I was dreading in so many ways. But as luck would have it, my mom, her best friend and I spent most of the afternoon giggling like school girls, had an amazing pasta lunch and I got so many kick ass gifts from everybody who loves me, that going to seal my mom's eventual fate and faith in medicine made it that much smoother.

38.

Where do I go from here?
How do I get there?
Is there a God, and if so, will he stop to help someone like me?

1 comment:

Eric Hart said...

Happy birthday, Kitty!

Your blog is ever inspiring, I should probably comment more to let you know that, but I do read every single post you make.