Thursday, April 13, 2006

Ignition

Ignition engaged

Take off successful...


sometimes when I'm mildly manic (but is this really manic? I can remember a time when my meds were workimg and I was feeling great - not because I was manic, not because the meds were swishing around in my brain, but because things seemed genuinely hopeful. Things felt right. There was an opening in the cloudy skies, solutions were becoming clear, and there was a slight glimmer of hope for the future.

Quarter to Two and I am feeling this right now.

I have spent the past 3 hours looking up calls for entries for photography shows. The web is great for that - a link to a link to a link...

Found so many great places to enter - some which were pricy, but others which were actually free (the best kind). I had a look at my pix again - the blue series, and realized just how powerful they really are. Somebody on flickr was so moved by them, he started his own group called -vulnerability (at least I think, it's too late to check now, will do that later). He wrote me this beautiful message that almost brought tears to my eyes.

It just blows me away each time somebody says that my photos (my little photos) inspire, frighten, excite or educate them.
a) I never thought that something I used to do just because it was fun would amount to anything that would be of any use to anybody
and
b) that my work would touch somebody so much that they would feel so compelled to tell me and thank me for doing so.

hmm

that's so fucken cool...

So I am on my way to bed, exhausted and run down, getting ready for the Easter weekend (just means more things will be closed for longer) and then pack on Sunday night and get ready to spend time while mom starts her chemo (interferon) on Monday.

Worry worry worry.

I am trying not to do too much of that cause I feel the ground beneath beginning to shift. Things are happening, the sleeping buds on trees are beginning to stir.

I hope it's a new beginning.

Let's make it a new beginning...

No comments: