Tuesday, April 25, 2006

R.I.P


I am overcome with sadness.
My camera, my backup (which was once my primary camera for more than 10 years) has died.

I am offically without a camera.
And I feel as if my eyes have been torn out.

It's as if I had lost a good friend.

It was thanks to that camera that my journey into self-portraiture began.

Perhaps you think it's silly for a grown woman to mourn the breakdown of a block of plastic, metal and computer chips, but to the photographer, a camera is an extension of the body.

My body.
And now it's gone.

And it's hard to guage, with everything going on in my life right now, when I will be able to get another one - digital or 35mm.



It's a sad day - hellophotokitty might just be a sadkitty for a while...

1 comment:

Eric Hart said...

Oh nooo! Sad, sad day. You can come down here and borrow my camera if you want.