Thursday, December 07, 2006

The biggest kick in the face...

Well, so much for things coming full circle...

Last year, at this time, I was approached to write a sequel of sex and the city.

I did - put it under my hat and almost overnight - and last summer I came up with a premise so funny, we sold out 13 out of 13 shows everywhere we played.

And now I'm getting kicked in the face.

Not only are the girls* going to be putting the sad sequel to the spoof on again, they have re-used 95% of my jokes, took the same premise of the girls in Montreal, they are going to be playing at the Centaur (montreal's theater venue) in January.

So the fame and buzz will be about them, for something I started.


AND THAT"S NOT IT!


I am marked as "co-writer"

co-written by....

I almost ripped my eyes out.

And they are not saying anything, except one of them said in response to my good news about my cover shot:

congratulations!
Great Job

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but we are going to be playing at the centaur in January...


You fucken bitch.

Of course you meant to rain on my parade! Why else would you say that for?!?

I am fuming.
I can think of only one other time I have felt this betrayed.

But that's another story.

If they want to be douchebags about this - then get ready girls.

the claws are coming out....




*i use that term loosley - because what I have to really say would be too profane to write on this blog...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that kinda shit drives me mad!!

i am soooooo fucking tired of people who can't think their way out of a wet paper bag always STEALING other people's ideas & taking all the Credit & $$$ - seriously it fucking sucks!!

pardon my French!!!!

;)))

U know it's always a Catch-22 - in order to do anything U need $$$ - in order to get the stoopid $$$ U need to tell some Jerk yer idea - then inevitably they STEAL yer idea*

it just sucks*

meanwhile U have companies like Microsoft who consistently shove crap products down people's throats fer years & make Billions*

sigh........

i hope U get what U rightfully deserve*

;))

hellophotokitty said...

THnx Billy.
I hope they get what's coming to them...

As a friend once said - without you, they would not be where they are right now cause there would have been no ORIGINAL PLAY in the first place.

But damm. It still hurts to be taken advantage of and slapped in the face like that...