Sunday, December 17, 2006

Waiting

Monday, mom is going for her PET scan.
She's had a fever for more than two weeks. Last week it began to show up during the day.

The doctor told her to come in Wedensday
that's when they will get the results of the scan

My mom is worried that the cancer has spread to her liver.

I am freaking out.

I know that there is nothing we can do about it at this point, except worry, and to worry doesn't accomplish anything, but I still do.


Because she is my mom, because she means the world to me, because she has always been there, because it kills me to see her so sick and weak,

because this can kill her


The old folks home where my grandmother is staying has an outbreak of c-difficile

We were hoping to have her come home for xmas - that one day so we can all spend it together like the wonderful little family we are.

But it looks like she might be quarantined for God knows how long...

And my play - in a week, it will be two years ago that I began SALC. If I knew what I know know about what was going to happen, and how I would be stabbed in the back like this, yes - I would have thought twice about taking on this play...

No comments: