Friday, December 22, 2006

blast from the past and other reasons for holiday cheer...

I'm off today

And I'll be off until the 3rd of January!!
YEA!

no more work - thank GOD!
I was reaching my saturation point - the moment I'd step foot into the elevator and begin my ascent into office chaos, stomach acid would begin to bubble up my throat.

It's all quiet on the gastrointestinal front this morning.

I've been given some herbal remedy from my accupuncture dude - it's odd - looks and smells like Shake n' Bake. I'm going to give it a shot - and must give it a chance. Despite my inital doubt as to the validity of chinese medicine, I must say that it's worked wonders so far. Without it, I can honestly say that I don't beleive I would be here typing now, but rather somewhere in a hospital wearing my holiday themed straight jacket.

He also told me that it's going to taste bitter.

if it works...


Good news - mom's scan came back negative for any new cancers.

We are all releived!
And grandma is coming home for xmas!

this all sounds like it has the makings of a Hallmark Xmas tv special

and it's all good.



we're getting her a digital camera (mom) - she must have more than 50 rolls of undeveloped film lying around the house - this way it's just a 'point and click' to instant photos. I think she'll get a kick out of it.


I had the best pre-xmas surprise the other day!
One of my long lost high school partners in crime found me and sent me a wonderful email - bringing back wonderful memories of the good times we shared in those 'wonder years' of our teenage youth. He is doing very well in the mid-put not so mid west and is quite the socialite; but he has not changed. Still the crazy brilliant dude that was such a big part of my life back then. It's been a joy emailing him and can't wait to yak on the phone the way we used to.

Some friendships really stand the test of time - the best ones are those who have no age. You can pick up where you left off without missing a beat. I know that is what I've been needing for a while. Good old friendship soup for the soul.

I'm hoping that 2007 will be the start of something big and better than the shit that has been shoveled in my direction this year.

so far (knock on wood) so good.

I'm going to commemorate the ending of one play and begining of another by starting a new work on the same day I began Sex and La Cité. It's going to be my closure and opening of a new chapter/act/scene/ in my so called life as a seinfeld episode called life...


All the best during this holiday season!!

xo

No comments: