Tuesday, November 06, 2007

coincidental music

Little synchronicities in life happen all the time, and the really weird ones I write about here...


My mind - (i've run out of adverbs/adjectives to describe this state) well, lets just say that it's spinning again because I am overwhelmed with all kinds of stuff:

-processing 200 RAW files (this computer begins to smoke each time I try to convert one)

-sifting through thousands of my photos to pick the best of the best for Rhonda (she needs the cd by the 15th, so that means it has to go out by the 13th latest)

- preparing for the end of the month show (printing labels, updating my site, printing up books, fixing the frames)

- and putting together a treatment of my doc idea and other important info to follow up for the impo showbiz peeps I met on the weekend.

phew.

That doesn't seem like a lot, but for this little manic ant, my molehill that has become mount Everest.

And funny thing - the songs that have played back to back on the radio:

I'm Over My Head (Fleetwood Mac) but it does not feel nice...
Manic Depression (Jimi Hendrix)

I could not stop laughing when they began to play.

Music tailor made for your moods!



***

I had some weird dreams again - was in some clear glass dome (?) at night, climbing up the side of a mountain. There was a city on top, bustling and noisy. Climbing was not as hard as it was tiring. There was a woman's presence - Navaho indian (?) who was not really encouraging (tough love perhaps?) who yapped in the background.

Overhead, planes swooped by in the indigo sky - light trails like fairy dust. I had a feeling of impending doom that they were all going to crash, but they didn't, but the feeling didn't go away.

At the top it was afternoon and I was in an eclectic couple's house. Shag carpet on the walls (a cool beige - thank God), odd shaped wooden African artifacts placed next to glossy art deco statues. The couple seemed nice. I was supposed to watch the house for some reason.

Once again, that impending doom of inevitable plane crashes swerved behind my eyes. Another panic moment - I was going to miss my flight. Eyeblink - it was night again, and that woman's presence scolded me for procrastinating, which just took the anxiety level to the top.


kineko's whiskers on my face woke me up, and thank God for DST.
My body thought it was 11:30 but falling back sure saves me an extra hour of feeling guilty for sleeping in...

No comments: