Wednesday, November 07, 2007

A letter to some friends...


wings
Originally uploaded by hellophotokitty
I posted this on flickr. A place of support and love which has kept me going through some really tough times.

First, I want to thank all of you who send such wonderful messages of sympathy and support after my aunt's death two weeks ago. We take great comfort that she was surrounded by her family and went in her sleep - which is the way I think most of us would want to go...

Second, my mom is going to have her 3 month MRI scan to see if the cancer has spread to other areas in her body. These are always nerve wracking because this will not only tell her what she has in store for the next few months, but as to what course of treatment, if any, will be next.

The last two scans have been clear. She worries that her return to work full time along with all the stress that comes with it might have weakened her system, so I'm just putting it out there - if you could all say a little prayer tomorrow that the scan does come back with a clean bill of health, it would be so greatly appreciated by me and my mom.

She gets the results in a month, so I will keep you all posted.

No comments: