Sunday, January 02, 2005

8am - first early start to a new year day 2.

Day two of 2005.
Does it feel different?
Not really - well, yea. A little bit...

My attitude is different - maybe it's the medication, maybe it's because I am passed that time of the month and for the next 15 days I will be keeping my head above water. Maybe it's just the idea of starting a new month and a new year at the same time. Whatever the reason, I feel positive. There is an feeling of movement within - a Tsunami of creative energy is about to wash over me and into my world and it's all good. I am ready for the wave - no more baby floatees. This is the big wave and I am ready for the surf of my life.


I can't believe it is sooo early! When was the last time I was up at 7am on a Sunday - two days after New Year's eve? Hmmmm- last time working on a movie set?? My man is off to Barbados, and as of 11am, he and his father will be flying through the skies to a warmer sunnier climate; that is if they get on the flight. They are flying stand-by which is always a nail biter - basically the luck of the draw. If somebody does not show up, and if there is enough room on the plane - you're on. If not? Well, no go unless you don't mind riding in cargo. I really hope he gets the flight. I know how much good a change to a hot climate can do during the winter months like these. Although, this time last year I was getting pumped about going to Cuba!! Ahh - I remember it like it was yesterday! I also remember not feeling guilty about leaving the -40 with the wind chill weather behind. That was a huge first for me - going on vacation to another country by myself. Some people thought I was out of my mind (you're going to a resort? By yourself?? To Cuba??) and some people (to my surprise - my biggest advocate was my mother!!) told me that it would be the best experience in the world, and it was. Actually, I really enjoyed myself by myself. I did whatever I wanted to whenever I wanted to. I had my own barrel of monkeys. Yea, it was great, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. I thank God (knock on wood) that so far, the weather has not been the bone snapping into a million pieces cold that we had this time last year. It makes the wait for my next trip to a tropical climate a little less painful.

So New Year's Eve was quiet but enjoyable. We ended up at a house party who's host served champagne at midnight, chocolate/pot cake and chips . The countdown was not an official one' (I really have a thing for watching the ball drop in NYC - it seems more official when it's on TV and hundreds of thousands of people bring in the new year at the same time...), but it was quick and painless. Out with the old - in with the new. Let's get busy! I met some new friends, had fun with some old ones, laughed allot and shared my plans for the upcoming 365 days with some of the people I felt would be part of my 'new and improved' posse. It was not the 'rock and roll' night I had hoped for, but in another way, I got to see the true colours of some people who I thought I knew. Not a disappointing thing, more like a reality check.

2005 is all about reality checks - out with the old - in with the new, and making dreams a reality. I know that I am capable of doing next to the impossible cause I have done it before. I feel a tenacious streak growing in my belly. Don't tell me I can't do something cause I will die trying to prove you wrong - especially if it's about something that you think I 'won't be able to handle' or 'can't do' for whatever reason (does that whole sentence make sense? It's still 'too early' for me despite being on my 2nd cup of java...).

Here is to the tenacious 2005 and making all our dreams come true!!!

No comments: