Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy New Year!

Well, I made it through 2004, a little bruised and battered for wear, but alive. I have many battle scars to serve as evidence of all the shit and shrapnel that I dodged in 12 long months, but as 2005 begins, the wounds are starting to heal.

My resolutions?

C'mon! Everybody has even some 'closet resolutions'!!
Here are mine. I am trying to be realistic about things...

By this time next year, have pretty well established myself as a artistic presence in the photographic community.
I am going to have at least one solo photo exhibition by next year.
I am going to go to the gym at least (AT LEAST ) 3 times a week.
I will begin to transcribe the 'best of the best' from the journals I have kept for the past 25 years and put that material into a book.
I will be in the process of pre-production for my documentary on scars.
I will (for once and for all) get my licence.
Go to New York.
Go to Havana.
Live life by taking it by the balls, and then squeezing really hard.
Do at least one nice thing for somebody every day.
Do at least three nice things for myself every day.
Live without regrets.

I know, it's a tall order, but you'll never know what you can do or what your limits are if you don't try...

So here I am, sitting, typing, mellowing out from a chocolate pot cake and white beer carried over from the night before. I am hoping that 2005 will be my year to remember - in more good ways than one.

No comments: