Saturday, January 08, 2005

'Oh well' and being Zen (or Bette Davis)...

Oh well...
Got the word from the Comedy Network.
I didn't make the cut.
I'm wondering how these titles will make it...

David Schmidt and David Pearson, Vancouver B.C. for "So You Wanna Be A Gangsta"
Darrin Rows, Toronto for "The Shwa"
Keith Savage, Ottawa for "Blueballs"
Greg Howes, Toronto for "Dude!"
Allison Buck, Toronto for "The Not So Simple Life"


Because it's so shitty outside, so grey and cold, becasue I am feeling like my legs have been stomped on by a heard of elephants, I reserve the right to be quite depressed. I shouldn't be. I know that. The upside to this is somehow I managed to write down ten years worth of comedy ideas in less than 4 hours. Its the bare bones what could be a great TV skit show. That in itself should be applauded. But rejection is never something that we as humans take lightly. Rejections means that you are not up to par to what the standard of the situation in question. It doesn't mean that you are 'no -good', it just means that you don't have the kind of thing that they were looking for. I am trying not to take it all too personally (why should I when there were a total of 300 applicants). I have to keep telling myself that when God closes a door, he always opens a window.

So onward and upward.


I found this quote today.
It's my new saying...
Thanks Bette.


I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.
Bette Davis

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there- Found your blog through Gama and Ive enjoyed it an awful lot. I felt like I was really there throughout the whole thing- I wish you the best and hope you get to fulfill your dreams. I know how you feel becase I have always harboured dreams of seeing my film script actually see the light of day, and its stories like yours that give me hope. Good luck!

hellophotokitty said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
hellophotokitty said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
hellophotokitty said...

Hi Anon!
Thanks for the kind words!
I'm so happy that you enjoyed my blog! That is one of the main reasons I put it 'out there' - so people can get a good laugh, know that life can be outrageously insane at times, and that despite all the numerous road blocks and bumps in the road, as long as you have a dream, you can always make it come true. As LarvaLife (http://larvalife.blogspot.com/) girl #2 always said to me: 'there is always a third way'.

Please feel free to rant and share any ideas whether they be insight, frustration, script ideas or just plain bla bla bla. If there is any way I can help a fellow writer, it would be my pleasure to do so ;-)

A great quote that I have on my desktop:
"The future belongs to those who believe in their dreams".

Eleanor Roosevelt

Minzo said...

Hi, Im the one who posted the anonymous comment up there. Although Im not a big fan of 'Sex and the city' (being a 22 year old African male, it was probably not me they were aiming for anyway!) I would probably enjoy a spoof of the whole thing because it is so open to parody. It would be nice to see a few more snippets of your script on the site because it sounds very intriguing. All the best!