Saturday, January 15, 2005

Simple Green Plastic Raidohead Philosophy

So I am going to take a nap before I go to a friend's party tonight. A house party - those are always fun during the winter. I was up all night doing a "Steve and Miranda" skit which I will share with you later. I am quickly realizing the limitations of writing for the stage as opposed to writing for film - you can't construct a whole bar scene, or a buss that zipps along Manhattan streets splashing Carrie's pretty pink dress on a little stage the size of a 1 1/2 apartment (excluding the bathroom). Problems. It's hard to scale down from dreaming in technicholor to black and white.

This is a quote from the Raidohead website. It sorta fits with what I wrote a few blogs ago about 'being rejected' (in relation to my not getting into the finals for the Comedy Network competition.


If you have been rejected many times in your life, then one more rejection then one more rejection isn't going to make much difference. If you're rejected, don't automatically assume it's your fault. The other person may have several reasons for not doing what you're asking her to do: none of it may have anything to do with you. Perhaps the person is busy or not feeling well or genuinely not interested in spending time with you. Rejections are part of everyday life. Don't let them bother you. Keep reaching out to others. Keep reaching out to others. When you begin to receive positive responses, then you are on the right track. It's all a matter of numbers. Count the positive responses and for get about the rejections.

3 comments:

Kenneth said...

Blogging = my geeky introverted safe way to reach out to others.

Rejection hits some harder than others. But we still reach out.

If an introvert reaches out, is he still an introvert?

Minzo said...

I completely agree with that quote- you just have to keep going. At the end of the day you have nothing to lose...well, except your sanity...ahem..
And I'm happy to see you accepted the Ninja challenge!

hellophotokitty said...

Special K:
I completly agree - blogging is a safe way to reach out to others and doing so is so much fun! I think we all need a little 'pat on the back' sometimes, and living in a world that is making personal contact so limited, having machines out perform humans in so many ways, it's nice to know that you matter to someone, even if it is only through words read by a stranger.

'Rejection hits some harder than others. But we still reach out'.

I agree again. So true. I think that is what keeps us humble and human. Beautifully said. Thankx ;-)

"If an introvert reaches out,is he still an introvert?"
I think that classifies him/her as an 'innie/outie' - like those funny shaped bellybuttons.



Mighty Ninja M!
It's true, we don't really have anything to lose except regret over a missed opportunity, time which has now passed.

As per my sanity? I have already lost and found it so many times, I have implanted one of those GPS devices in it just in case it strays once more. ;-)