Friday, January 14, 2005

Folding into a little ball and rolling along with the dust bunnies...

Bleh!
How many of you readers out there hate January/February as much as me?
A nice show of hands will do...

GAD!! It is such a horrible time of year! Have I bitched about it enough?! It's so grey, cold, windy, slippery, crappy, dreary, lonely, appetite increasing - hibernation inducing shitty shitty weather. I could go on...
please don't...

So yesterday was yet again, another wasted day. I know now not to attend hump-day parties. It completely screws you up on the lead up to Friday's joy and elation mood. The culprit was a pot luck for a friend's birthday - the food was great (remind me never to eat chilli beans in Jambalaya again!!) with the usual copious amounts of alcoholic beverages and cigarettes. When I awoke the next morning, I felt like I had dragged my whole mouth along the hot pavement on one of the side streets of New York city on a hot July afternoon. (I pause to contemplate the imagery... UECHHG!!) Having about as much energy as a Kleenex, I stumbled around the apartment trying to complete some delinquent tasks that I had been putting off for eons. After several successive attempt, I aborted the mission and headed to the couch for relief. Outside, the wind howled from between my window panes. The branches on the trees waved about like hysterical anaemic waifs on a fashion show runway in Milan (note to self - where the hell is all this imagery coming from?!??!). Too cold to go out. Too boring to stay indoors. My only option? To fold myself into a little ball and roll along with the dust bunnies that had come out to play in my hallway (not an intentional rhyme there folks).

Today?
Woke up at a decent time. Replied to some emails that were dated 2004 (and for those of you who read this who I have yet to reply to via email - you're still in my in box and flagged for 'follow up') and will get ready to head downtown to take some pix of a friend of mine at the dance studio he works at. That might be interesting.

Tomorrow I have brunch with my mom and gmother (grandmother - 1/4 abbreviated) and then the PM will be attending a Capricorn party. Happy birthday to all you Capricorns out there. You crazy Aquarians - you're next, so don't get all wishy washy/huffy puffy thinking that I forgot about you!!

I took this personality test last night (too keep my mind from spinning off in 1001 different directions) and found out that I am a #7 with a #4. This was soo strangely accurate.
What # are you?

The Adventurer (the Seven)
Adventurers are energetic, lively, and optimistic. They want to contribute to the world.

How to Get Along with Me : Give me companionship, affection, and freedom.
Engage with me in stimulating conversation and laughter.
Appreciate my grand visions and listen to my stories.
Don't try to change my style. Accept me the way I am.
Be responsible for youself. I dislike clingy or needy people.
Don't tell me what to do.
(and they forgot: "Are you looking at me? Are YOU looking at ME?')

What's Hard About Being a Seven :
not having enough time to do all the things I want
not completing things I start
not being able to profit from the benefits that come from specializing; not making a commitment to a career
having a tendency to be ungrounded; getting lost in plans or fantasies
feeling confined when I'm in a one-to-one relationship

What I Like About Being a Seven :
being optimistic and not letting life's troubles get me down
being spontaneous and free-spirited
being outspoken and outrageous. It's part of the fun.
being generous and trying to make the world a better place
having the guts to take risks and to try exciting adventures
having such varied interests and abilities

Here is the link.
http://www.9types.com/


1 comment:

hellophotokitty said...

Hourray!
Are'nt we just fabulous??!!
I thought that two sevens make 14?
LOL!