Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Standby Shmandby.

So he did not get to go to Barbados after all!
Does that not bite?!?I would have thrown such a hissy fit at the counter, they would have no choice but to put me on the plane - either that or sedate me.
He called me from the airport and said: "I'm coming home..."
And the irony of it all was as he was driving back, it started to snow really hard...

I got a call from the producer woman who wants me to write that Sex In The City spoof. Her associate and partner in crime had spoken to her about me. She left me a message and I was to call her back after dinner. I wolfed down my chicken Jambalaya and waited impatiently for 7pm to roll around.

We spoke and began to laugh hysterically almost immediately. She has a great and outrageous sense of humour. She threw out some ideas to me and I ran with them right to the 40 yard line of funny.
Carrie has a 5 â 7 to attend and has must buy a pair of shoes - but all the designer stores are closed, and the only ones open past 7pm are in shopping malls and - they are ALL PAYLESS SHOE STORES!!! Charlotte wrinkles her nose the way only Charlotte can do and asks:
What is a payless shoe store? It sounds like only white trailer trash park people would shop there!"
So Carrie has to buy a pair of shoes - but they are the quintessentially tacky, and because Carrie just has a huge horseshoe up her butt, the strap snaps and the heel breaks off during the event, sending her plate full of canapés and glass of red wine all over the host!


I think that little bit of improv is what solidified the deal. We were definetly on the same wavelength. For the next 20 minutes we tossed around some really great ideas. I am meeting her on Wednesday and I can't wait! I am soo looking forward to this! I think if anything, it's going to be more fun than a barrel of monkeys!! (And we all know how much fun a barrel of monkeys can be... Who the hell ever came up with that saying? And just how many monkeys can you fit into a barrel anyway??)

No comments: