Friday, January 28, 2005

A smathering of random jibber jabber.

So the last few days?
Since the shoot?
My head has been buried in my pillows, with an ice pack on the back of my neck.
Migraine time again.

Sometimes it's because of the sudden drop/rise in the barometric pressure.

Can you see it? The local weather man gets wheeled out from his bed, looking completely disheveled, eyes squinting because of his sensitivity to light, grumbles in pain:
And there is a strong front of low pressure building just north of us.
voice off camera: Where is the map?
There is no F%#ken map! I am the weather man! My migraine tells me it's coming! Can someone please get me another Empraset? I'm about to puke here... Can you stop whispering? Why must you be so loud??

I hope all you migraine suffers are having a little laugh...

Funny thing - apparently caffeine does wonders for helping relieve migraines. Well, I am none the happier now, shaking like a leaf in a windstorm, feeling a life size Mexican jumping bean rolling around in the pit of my stomach. Yippie.

Hence the incoherence in this entry.
Blame it on the migraine. It's a head thing...

More Jibber Jabber:
I can't figure out how to add links to my fave blogs in this template. I think it's because all the fancy pancy script scares me. Gama, how did you do yours? Step by step please. I am a complete bimbo when it comes to HTML.

Some people that I like to read that make me laugh - listed in no particular order - they are all my faves: (I'll start a little list here until I can make a full fledged link list by blog category) .

Blueleaf - this guy cracks me up. Not only is he a gifted writer (how can he be only 18!??!), his random thoughts of the day have left me laughing, sometimes for almost an hour.
Ken is a verb - another two thumbs up, waaaaaay up. His pictures are stunning, his wit dry and sometimes absurd. Entries that kind of make you go "hmmmm".
Good Things from Spam - who would have thought that spam could be so funny? (And I'm not talking about the stuff that comes in a can, but that can be pretty funny as well...)
Clublife - for anybody who has ever stepped foot into a club - this blog's for you. Told from the perspective of a NYC bouncer, it sheds light on why these guys should be given a medal for braving the stupidity that is rampant in the world.
Life - or something like it -Conversations with pears volume 10. Brilliant. Life or something like it? Priceless.
Go Fug Yourself - People Magazine on Acid. Entertainment Tonight on Crack. Nuff said.
Minega's world -From Sheep Stomachs, female tarantulas who earth their dates, Rats to pondering if Paris Hilton is the Antichrist, Minega has it covered.
Pole Dancing on a Toothpick - a day in the life of - very entertaining and she has such a brilliant way of making a Sharkmister and an Epilady tools of the devil.
California Groovy - this guy is absolutely insane and he rocks.
Pusillanimous Wankers - mostly political Bush and company isms. I get a kick out of it because I am Canadian. My little guilty pleasure.
Cobwebs and Sawdust - who would have thought that a poem about Gin could be so funny. Humorous poetry and insights (for deep beautiful poetry see - Gama's poetry).
The Richard Leyland Blog - The funniest gayest straightest man I know.

So that's it for now.
Next entry (if my head does not explode by then) will include some of the more 'introspective blogs' I like. And then after that, I will have the 'naughty blogs', 'literary/poetic' blogs' and continue until I have exhausted myself from blog surfing and reviewing.

If you know of any side-splitting, rolling on the floor/pee in your pants funny blogs - feel free to list em.

Over and out.
Or until later when I have either lost my mind out of boredom or desperation or ripped my head off becasue of the pain...



4 comments:

Minzo said...

Hey- thanks a lot for the kind words! Nice of you to put me there. About putting links up, it's the same thing I've been wrestling with for ages and have simply given up. If you do figure it out eventually, drop me a line and tell me how you did it.

Emily said...

hey photokitty!! i found your site coz you commented on BlueLeaf's - i love it, i think it's great!!

the whole privacy of blogs issue is certainly one that affected me - not on a large scale as it would with the person from cuba (names are eluding me this evening) - but it's certainly something you need to watch out for. i found choosing the most random address i could, removing it from blogger listings, and not publicising it helped me, but then that removes the kick you get out of having complete strangers read it ...... it's a toughie!!

i really like reading your blog though, all the dreams and whatever are fascinating!!

off to read some more now - byee x

hellophotokitty said...

Hi Ophie!
Your blog is a stitch!
My migraine has faded since the last blog Thnx ;-)

Hi Emily!
I am so happy that you like my blog!
As in terms of privacy, I am not too freaked out if 'other people' read this casue I don't have anything to hide (I think for most bloggers, they all have a secret wish in being 'discovered', myself included) and its all in good fun.
Enjoy the rest of your read!
There is more to come!! ;-)

hellophotokitty said...

Welcome back Gama!
Always a pleasure to have your comments on my site!!!
;-)