Thursday, January 06, 2005

New Sex in A New City - the play!

Well gang...
I GOT IT!!

I met with the producer woman who wanted to make that 'Sex In The City' spoof/play, and three hours and some very sore stomach muscles from laughing so hard she said:
"OH MY GOD! You are soo perfect to write this play!! You want it? It's yours!!"

I almost had a coronary.
Almost lost my lunch.
Almost fell off my chair.
Almost died and went to heaven.

I could not believe my ears. She was completely smitten and loving the little blurbs I wrote. She wanted a 'little sample', but me being me, gave her a whole episode! I sat nervously, biting my nails as I watched her eyes scan over the lines, smiling and snickering as she went along.

The comedic chemistry between us was great from the get-go. I knew that I had fallen upon a good thing when she said:
"And I want Miranda to be completely wigged out. I want to have her trying to abandon her baby, or kill it. She resents having a child now because it is putting a crimp in her career.'

My kind of humour. Twisted, dark and outrageous.
I came back with a scenario when Miranda tries to leave the baby at an outdoor farmer's market - ploughing away the mountains of tomatoes and fitting the baby inside.
The vendor looks over and calls to Miranda:
'Excuse me miss - you forgot your bag of tomatoes... And your baby!!"
Another scene has Miranda nonchalantly pushing the baby and the carriage with one foot into the tracks of the subway, but her attempt is thwarted as a good Samaritan intercepts the little bundle of her angst!!
We were laughing so hard, we almost created a spectacle. I was afraid that we were going to be asked to leave!!
I interjected - 'she has Munchausen by Proxy Disorder!!"
"That's brilliant!!"

And to top it all off...
Get this...
She wants me to AUDITION for the part of Miranda!!
"I really want you to get it too!!"

I was picking myself off the floor after falling over 5 tables and 10 espresso double lattés.
Shit!!
This is outrageous!AND THEN!!AND THEN!!!

I told her about one of my 'comedy - sketch/com' skits - the Greek version of "Cawffee Talk with Linda Richmond' - Athens Chat.
'Welcome to Athens Chat. My khname is Kaliope and khere we talk about everythkig Greek!'

Her face fell.
"Oh my God! You have to do this!! "
My response - "?????????"
Her reply: 'I used to work for and be the host for the Greek Channel here in the city! This is the kind of spoof that people would just go crazy over! It would be an overnight success!! We have to do this!!'

I took one of those comical double takes.
'You're Greek??"
"Yasou Neh mouri!" (loose translation - oh yea - right on bitch!)
I thought that I was going to implode and explode at the same time.
The centre of the universe had just opened up and lifted me up on golden wings.
"As soon as we finish the Fringe Festival, we will work on this! Oh! This is soo going to be a huge success!!"

Was I hearing right??!?
Was she speaking English, Greek? Nepalese? I had a momentary lapse of comprehension.

So it stands - the script (40- 60 minutes) and cast of characters (8-12) has to be finished by the beginning of March. It will be slated for a 6 day/night run. I am shaking as I write this. GOOD GOD!! A DREAM COME TRUE!! Well, I wont count my beans until they have sprouted.
But...
BUT!!!

And to top it all off, I found out that two galleries that had a call for submissions want my photos in their exhibitions!! And they are both expositions of (nudge, nudge) Erotic art/photography!! Because this is a 'clean site' I may not show which pix were accepted, but they are pretty steamy!! I am keeping all my limbs crossed and knocking so hard on wood I am getting splinters that this all pans out. Finally. Hopefully. Wonderfully. Perfectly.

I will keep you all posted!!
And thank you all for tagging along on this sometimes strange, bumpy, crazy, zany ride with me!!

1 comment:

hellophotokitty said...

Thanks my dear!
I have already started stressing, but it's all good!
I will keep you posted as to how things pan out!