Tuesday, January 25, 2005

This one's for you Gama

Gama,
I have read so many of your beautiful poems and every single on has touched and inspired me. You have also inspired me to continue to write my own stuff. I used to, a long time ago, but I guess I just had the wrong crowd. My poetry was the reflexion of my soul in words. Some people could not handle that my writings were so raw. So real.

Thank you for finding my blog and showing me yours.
Thank you for inspiring me ;-)

These are two new ones I scribbled up in the past two days, they are kind of heavy (my visitor is BACK!!) but I hope that you like them:

Cooling The Jets
Can we really be with a man,
with someone else and not

have to 'dumb ourselves down'?
how long do we have to deny ourselves
who we really are?
but we like the men
to be the men

we like being in the sights of the wolf
we are exploring a precarious balance

He saw you standing at the top of the landing.
He said as he opened the door:
you know when you ring the doorbell,
wait downstairs for the buzzer
We must let them take the space to be the man
but we are fiercely independent
but we need a man to be able to match and surpass us
because we like the man to be the man
and letting him have the space to be the man until
he is comfortable to take off his armor
and we are comfortable enough to be raw

But they thrive on the thrill of the chase
A man once said -
its all about biology
but when does biology
replace psychology or are they
uniquely intertwined,
like a genetic strand of DNA
dependent upon the other
nothing without one another

powering down we must cool our jets
not quite sitting ducks but closer to
Joan of Arcs - burning at the stake
for going against the grain
dismissing biology
and debunking psychology
because we can.



The wolf that eats her young
She is coming.
The wolf that eats her young -
those too weak to fight,
too weak to run,
too weak to survive.
I can hear her howl as the night falls
As my body languishes
and the hormnones flood through my system,
I lie in wait.

Its cold comfort to know,
suffering won't be longer than 10 days.
It never really goes on more than that.
Solace will be found in hot waterbottles and Tynenol.
My volatile mood will only exasperated by
an overindulgence
of girlie movies and chocolates,
making me vunerable,
making me woman again.


1 comment:

hellophotokitty said...

Coming from a man that writes the most amazing poetry, I take that as a huge compliment! Thanks so much!
Yea, I was pretty raw when I wrote those poems and it felt really good to put that down on paper.

Where are all the men like you hiding?!?!
I have friends who would give up an organ to know a man as sensitive and sweet as you!!

;-)