Sunday, June 15, 2008

back in the little village

so very strange - rolling into the city again.


St. Denis - "the hip" street looked like a country road in comparison to what we saw in nyc.

Seriously - it all looked "quaint"

E said: "in nyc - if you look up, all you see are buildings. You don't even see sky - just metal, concrete and glass - here we can actually see what color the sky is, and actual rooftops"

So very true.


We are going into reverse culture shock - from big to small.

And so the winding down process begins.

It will take a week for me to come down from the high



And I miss it already - the city that has stolen my heart


and I miss the people - all of those people who came out to see me and my show. I was so touched and moved by that. Really almost brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it. I'm so very thankful for that experience and those memories that were made this past week.

More people showed up there than for stuff I've had here.

go figure

but it's all good - my friends who embrace my craziness, the gallery and owners who beleive in my work, and the future and all of the possibilities it brings.

Coming back from nyc and I now feel refreshed, renewed and ready to take on the world.

if I can make it there, I can make it anywhere

and back in the little village, I shouldn't worry about not making a big splash here because I matter where it matters the most.

No comments: