Tuesday, June 10, 2008

in 7 hours

in 7 hours, we hit the road

and I'm going to attempt to drive on the highway

went today (got the "not so great" instructor...) and practiced changing lanes.

Behind the wheel, I felt confident, in control of my own car, my own space, my own speed.

and it was so very wonderful.



as the day for the opening comes closer, I'm getting more confirmation that many of my flickr friends, and other people whom I have met through the internet are coming out to see me, some I have never met in person, to celebrate my success.

My intensity does not scare them. They admire the firecracker I am. That's good because I don't intend to change any time soon. Art is all about honesty - and so am I. It's nice to know that after all these years of editing myself, I don't have to anymore.

and it is so very liberating.

I'm also receiving lost of positive feedback from the other artists who are showing in the same show - they all love my work and admire my courage in posting these arresting self portraits.

I'm in control of my own camera, my own body, my own photography.

and it feels so very right.

and for the first time in a long time, well, perhaps it really is the first time, I am walking into a big city where everybody wants to make it - my head held high, stars in my eyes and a belief that my art touches people in a way that is important. In a way that makes a difference, in a way it can change lives of others and especially myself...

note to self - read this as soon as you come back...

No comments: