Monday, June 16, 2008

when it rains, it pours hammers...

This is too freaky.

I'm shaking - it's that freaky...

Long and short - went to the gym (man, one week and I'm so outa shape...) and saw some of my gym peeps. Got talking some more with a great girl who works there - turns out that a) she adores nyc as much as I do (and that's a lot!) b) adores photography - being in front and behind the camera and c) is an actor.

put all of those things together and you get a vibrant electric firecracker who's up for anything that I would throw at her.

Told her that new york is my drug - that the electricity there fuels my soul, makes me feel alive, and that the pace is more than comfortable, it's natural - she really felt the same way.

Told her about my self portraits - my ever growing collection of wigs and cocktail dresses, how I really immerse myself into the whole process, from creation, conceptualization, and execution - going whole hog with the props, lighting and setup - she really got it.

Told her about my sex and la cité play ( see, it came up again!!!) - that's when she told me that she's studying acting, and is looking for a role to sink her teeth into - she really feels passionate about her craft and would love to brain storm with me - perhaps work on something together.

Told her about the email from B, and the conversation with my mother - both happening within a span of 12 hours, talking about me getting back to writing again, and how the strange coincidences made me think that I might be onto something over here - the writing, the acting, the photography...

I had a momentary lapse of freakout - lost touch with reality for about 3 seconds when I had just realized what I said - and what we had been talking about for the past 45 minutes...

Oh Girl - these are the signs! You have to follow them! They are telling you something!!! How wild is that!?

And indeed, it is very wild.
Very wild indeed.

Seems as if I'm answering my own questions now.

and it seems that I'm onto something called the "right path" - with my art, be it writing or photography.

it all feels so right....

No comments: