Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Rust never sleeps. Neither do we...

I am soooo exhausted! Unlike Blueleaf who is able to pull all nighters because he has the technique down to a since, I was unable to stay up around the clock without collapsing. I met with one of the producers last night - Charlotte, and we had a BLAST! I can't remember the last time I was able to brainstorm with someone and have it be so productive! But right now, I am paying the price - I am a complete zombie!! So, as usual, I will try to make this a quick and coherent post. I will try, but no promises...

Charlottes acting rehearsal was cancelled and I was feeling crappy so it was perfect timing and the perfect opening in the fabric of time for a meeting. After a few hours of chomping on granola bars, chocolate soy milk, natchos and salsa, we got down to some serious work. Once we did though, we were still kicking the ideas around and fresh on the ball at 3:30am! It was a pity though, because I had to get up this morning for a PHD's appointment, but had I not had that, I think we would have worked right throughout to the morning! And oh those ideas were spilling out! A smattering of some a few brilliant ideas:

Carrie calls her beloved Manolo Blahniks Manolo Blankies.
Carrie: Oh ! I can't go anywhere without my Manolo Blankies!
Samantha: They are Manolo Blahniks: Blah - niks.
Carrie: I know - blank-ies!
Samantha: What the hell are you talking about?
voice from shoe store clerk sounding irate off- stage: Blah - Nics!!
Carrie: But these shoes!!! I can't go anywhere without them! If I can get my hands on a pair, it does'nt matter where I am, it always feel like home!
She lifts one shoe to either side of her face and snuggles them to her cheeks, making a cooing noise
Samantha: Well, at least you could have been more creative - like diamonds, (pauses) or sex toys!

And that was only one of hundreds of silly antidotes we cooked up - the only difficult part now it to piece it all together. So here I sit, with thousands of words spilled from this alphabet soup spilled all over my lap, slowly piecing the verbs, nouns and conjunctions together to make a tasty 7 course show. And I have never cooked for a restaurant full of paying customers without a cookbook before; but there is always a first time...

Charlotte told me as we were looking over the potential candidates:
You know, I really think that you can pull off being Miranda.
What makes you think so?
I just think you have something in you, you have that spark, that gift of being able to mimic people, pick up on their mannerisms and run with it.
But I have never acted professionally before!
That's fine. If you're willing to work hard, memorize your lines and be prepared, you should have nothing to worry about.
But I blank out when I am nervous (aware at this point saying that I was an alien would be useless. I had to be truthful). I don't want to drag the show down!
If its a question of being scared, you can do one of two things - you can be scared -scared enough to convince yourself that you can't do it, and to convince me that you can't pull it off, or you can face up to your fears and work through them, prove to yourself that you can do it. Because really, I think you could, but it's you in the end making the ultimate choice. And that decision you can choose to explore, explore those fears and overcome them and go past them. If you are prepared to memorize, know your lines inside out until you have no question in your mind what they are, until you can say them in your sleep, I have no doubt that you could pull this off, and you'd be fantastic.
Really?
Yea! I would'nt be telling you this if I didn't think it was true!

Well, that was my call to arms. The Joan Of Arc in me began to stir.
Feel the fear and do it anyway.
Jump through the ring of fire and make it to the other side unscathed.
I had lived a life with many regrets, and I vowed to never let myself be in the same situation again. This is a new year, a new project, a new challenge.

So my dear readers, I think I am going to go for it. As I have said in previous posts, I believe that some things happen for a reason, even if there are no apparent explanations of how or why they became to be. Sometimes you just have to embrace every opportunity as a new beginning, however terrifying it may be; trust in the universe, trust in the higher power, trust in yourself.

Feel the fear and do it anyway.

This is the maxim I try to live by.
I'm scared shitless, but excited at the same time.

Thanks P.J for believing in me ;-)


2 comments:

hellophotokitty said...

Gama!
Please don't feel down :-(
You know you always have a warm place to come and hang out at my blog :-) I am sending you power hugs down the internet interstate to you right now!! Wrap then around yourself and smile ;-)
I know the feeling though. I am feeling that way too. And we are not the only ones. My best friend mentioned to me the same thing tonight. I have a feeling that 'sensitive souls' are more affected by the phases of the moon (which is full now) - heck! If it can change the flow of the tides in the ocean, it can reek havoc on our bodies which are 98% water!! Hang in there my favourite poet. Things will be brighter tomorrow ;-)

Thanks for the advice Ophie ;-) I know, I have to get to sleep earlier. Burning the midnight oil too long and too much will start to show (and you should see the bags under my eyes! I can shoplift a whole department store with the two I have under my eyes right now!! I plan to take some kitty naps tomorrow. Luckily, I have nothing planned except writing and sleeping... Until Thursday!!!... Take care of yourself too! I know that you were not feeling top shape lately. Be good to yourself too ;-)

kitten said...

Have to take care of yourself,girl. But its true that creativity and inspiration dont sleep. WHen it comes ..you go wih it.