Friday, February 25, 2005

the showpiece update.

SOOO!!
As it stands now:
1) I think I might have misjudged Carrie - she is in fact, quite happy to only act and not direct (as we thought things would get really ugly with all of that but it didn't) so she is actually glad that we are doing our own thing cause it would have been a real hassle for some who was supposed to direct have to follow orders from three other people! She's cool about it so we are too. Apologies, apologies.

2) Charlotte will be directing. I was originally supposed to be co-director but that in itself is just like the director. It would have been a great experience but I can't tug off more than I can chew. I already wrote the damm thing, I think I would exhaust myself doing some direction. But it's all good. I will be there for Charlotte during the more intense scenes, do some prop work, behind the scenes stuff and be their script/show consultant as well. Cool with me.

3) They love the play so far!! I did a rough calculation and the pages I wrote (ie: if they were in Cinema time) would equal one feature film. ONE WHOLE FLIPPING FEATURE FILM!!!!!!!! IN LESS THAN A MONTH!! God, it takes people a minimum of 4 to get a half semi semi decent one... Not bad for a first timer! So I am relieved and pleased. But exhausted as hell...

I did a little crash and burn tonight. I got all emotional over what E said (he was in a bad mood already) and I fell off the deep end. See that is the thing with artists - we work like maniacs 24/7 but when we stop, sometimes we fall apart, perhaps because the rush is gone, or like a car skidding to a halt, you burn rubber in the process.

It was a little blip, and I am spending the weekend at a friend's house and babysit their doggie and two wacky cats. It will be so good for me to get away from this computer. I have a love hate relationship with this office. It gets my creative juices flowing, sometimes it keeps me up all night, and sometimes I bang my head against the keyboard in angst.

Tiss the life of an artist.

I will be putting up more snippets of scenes soon.
The crazy ones are coming....

The crazy ones are coming!!!

No comments: