Wednesday, February 23, 2005

A brief brief.

It's late again.
Almost quarter to four.
Spent most of the night airing my grievances with Charlotte.
The director brought in a 'replacement' director.
He was arrogant, stuck up and asked us 'So what is your point about this play?'

ITS A COMEDY!??
WE WANT TO MAKE PEOPLE LAUGH?

Do you need any other good reasons?

What Carrie (soon to be non - director) said that we were unprofessional becasue we didn't have a finished script, we were late bla bla bla and that this uber big (??!!) director was not impressed with our energies. I felt like saying - "AH HELLO!!? Have you been up 18 - 20 hours a day for the past three weeks typing your fingers to the bone, having almost daily meetings about the script, where it was going, who was what and where? And you think you're just gonna sail in here, look down on us and say we're unprofessional and low on energy!?

(excuse my French but) GIVE ME A FUCKEN BREAK!!!!!

We were not impressed by the fact that Carrie did not mention to us beforehand that she was going to bring him (she did it on the spur of the moment) so we could have at least been prepared (and at least have slept!!) - so that was a major downer. So after me venting on Charlotte and saying that Yes, I agree, we have the vision and we really know what we want with this thing - so hell!! Why don't we just co-direct this thing!!!
She liked the idea, so folks, not only will I be master of the pen, but it looks like I'll have some of my fingers in the stew as well!! I told her that film and theater are two different animals, and that I would not feel comfortable doing it alone, but two heads are better than one, and I feel that she has more stage experience so I would not mind if she took the lead if she felt the need to. So that works fine by me. Fine by me.

So that is the scoop.
I am so used to going on three hours of sleep I think that my body is just going to be falling off in little chunks soon as I am walking around the city in the next few days - you know, like those old junk heap cars - there goes a hubcap. Oops, there just went the passenger side door.

Oops, seems like my right ear and my left boob just fell off about two blocks ago, but shit, my eye just rolled across the street - it's easier to get fake boobs and are more functional than a glass eye so...

Priorities Priorities..
Babble Babble of the incoherent madwoman...

No comments: